Sunday, November 25, 2007

momentum

This whole not having Internet at home has turned out to be a welcome catalyst. That, and the long holiday weekend. I'm getting some of the homework backlog done and I finally switched out my alternator, so my truck runs reliably. Since I have to go somewhere to use the Internet, I plan it out in advance and don't waste time just randomly browsing. To that end I decided to start using RSS feeds to keep up on general web stuff, and just log into the mail once a day. If I get mail that I have messages on Myspace/Facebook or whatever, I'll do those later and spend minimal time there.

I've been doing resistance exercises every day since Monday and I'm not stopping. I think I can already see a difference in the upper body. I can do a handstand for a few seconds now. The flexibility is going to take longer and somehow I need to figure out some cardio besides walking I can do in bad weather. Once I get some more urgent projects done I can fix the bicycle and ride that when it's dry. The cardio is both to keep my weight/fat sensible and to warm up muscles for stretching. Some yoga would be cool, if it isn't too expensive or time consuming to take a class. Tonight I'll finally be going to the beginner swing dancing lesson at the Scottish Rite; should be fun. I also heard recently there was a study saying napping a few times a week is very good for heart health, especially in men. Not a bad idea, especially when I have karaoke late. I need to read more too so I'm going to read myself to sleep as much as possible instead of waiting to feel sleepy. In the morning I've been getting to work around 8:30. An improvement, but I'm still shooting for 8.

OK, it's 1:00. Time to get groceries, knock out some homework, and figure out how I'm going to rip all my karaoke music before the trip to Canada! The party for work I'm KJ-ing is right when I get back to town and my employees will be running the show that night with the traditional gear. Looks like today and Tuesday are my only chance. Hey, I'll bring the laptop to the bar Tuesday to finish it off, that'll get both done at once. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home