Thursday, January 06, 2005

Shipping

I've ordered a bunch of stuff online lately. It seems I have hassles whether things are sent to work or home, but I usually go with work. Postal is cheaper, but always a crapshoot as far as time and you don't get tracking. FedEx is decent, but cross-country with ground is nerve-racking with no updates for days. I hope my amp gets here tomorrow. Then I get to take it home on public transportation, oh joy. I think I'll drive.

Karaoke has been going pretty well. I seriously need better gear all around, except for the rock-solid microphones and my turntables. First priority is a pro disc player (Numark definitely), and then something to eliminate the hum that my scratch mixer seems to be causing. Back to shopping for mixers, and I need real road cases to set everything up right. Then I can just buy music awhile and pay stuff off, before getting my own PA.

The side benefit is that this is paying for my other DJ intentions, so I can start doing the hip-hop and dance/party spinning stuff. I hope to do remixing too with the computer, and incorporate my own tracks or rhythm layers into a set someday. Somehow I need to find time to learn bass guitar, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home