Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008

Alright, I've done the 100 things before I die list, and as evidenced here, I'm working to be more responsible. A new year list is a good start to consolidating all these endeavors. Here goes:


  1. be more responsible
  2. exercise consistently (every week)
  3. make my home finished and tidy, and have people over
  4. visit my parents regularly to do projects
  5. cook dinner weekly
  6. run karaoke in a professional way


There are more specific goals subsidiary to these, like learning dancing, and finishing my car. Being more responsible is a many-headed monster: budget formally including retirement, get stuff done promptly at work, sleep and get up earlier, and generally be better organized. Hell, I'm president of my HOA, time to act like it.

Exercising is a big one too. I'm doing basic strength exercises at home and walking as part of my commute, and I almost have the handstands down. First I should stretch more, and keep at the dancing. I need another capoeira class, and I'm considering yoga.

Oh, and this year I might learn programming along with my nephews. Python on the OLPC is pretty strong, and I bet I would actually use it to do web stuff if I knew how.

School will have to wait another term, until I get karaoke squared away and the home in order. But I have some good ideas to build a CAD station. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home